The conversation is indexed below for efficient viewing (click the time stamp to jump to a specific question/topic).
Leadership Through Institutional Pushback With Eastern Washington’s Lynn Hickey
Guest Lynn Hickey, Eastern Washington
21:47 min watch
Eastern Washington University Associate Vice President/Director of Athletics Lynn Hickey joins AthleticDirectorU’s Tai M. Brown at the 2022 NACDA Convention to discuss her journey at Eastern Washington through the Athletics Review process, building the department back after getting their budget back, Hickey’s core values and much more.
- - Tell me about your journey as the AD at Eastern Washington.
- - What was your thought process when the faculty pushed to reconsider having athletics at EWU?
- - How were you able to communicate the value of athletics to the academic mission?
- - Now that you have your budget back, how many positions are you looking to fill?
- - How will you maintain the culture of EWU Athletics while working to hire 12 new staffers?
- - What methods have you used to establish core values?
- - How do you think the community has appreciated your leadership during this tumultuous time?