Collegiate Sports Associates has completed its mock AD search process at Social Distance University. The unique professional development exercise that gave aspiring Directors of Athletics the opportunity to experience a mock AD search received great interest form the industry of intercollegiate athletics.
CSA compiled a seven-person search committee to work on behalf of Social Distance University as they began the search for their new AD. The committee consisted of leaders from intercollegiate athletics, higher education and executive search.
- Todd Turner, President & Founder, Collegiate Sports Associates (President SDU)
- Brad Bates, Vice President, Collegiate Sports Associates (Deputy AD SDU)
- Erianne Weight, Co-Director Center for Research in Intercollegiate Athletics, UNC-CH (FAR SDU)
- Drew Turner, Vice President, Collegiate Sports Associates (Athletics Donor SDU)
- Tyrone Willingham, Ret. Division 1 FBS Head Football Coach (Head Football Coach SDU)
- Clay Pfeifler, Director of Operations, Collegiate Sports Associates (President of SAAC SDU)
- Jim Miller, Consultant, Collegiate Sports Associates (BOT Member SDU)
The mock interview process was handled as if it were a legitimate Division I AD search. CSA began the process with a job posting complete with a position profile and application portal where interested candidates could apply. CSA received applications from more than 35 senior level administrators and met as a committee to whittle that list down to three finalists.
The Social Distance University search committee hosted hour long Zoom video interviews with the three final candidates before ultimately selecting Tulane Deputy AD/COO Monica Lebrón as the new AD at SDU.
Here’s a look at interviews with all three finalists, starting with new AD Lebrón:
UCF Deputy Athletic Director and Assistant Vice President, Championship Resources Mark Wright:
Army West Point Deputy Athletic Director Dan McCarthy: