Inclusion, Education & Engagement with NCAA’s Dr. Derrick Gragg
Guest Derrick Gragg, NCAA
32:30 min watch
NCAA Senior Vice President for Inclusion, Education and Community Engagement Dr. Derrick Gragg sits down with AthleticDirectorU to discuss his new position and goals, the NCAA’s initiatives for diversity, inclusion and more, and the NCAA’s emphasis on DEI initiatives.
The conversation is indexed below for efficient viewing (click the time stamp to jump to a specific question/topic).
- - What does the position of Senior Vice President for Inclusion, Education and Community Engagement entail?
- - What are the elements of the NCAA's 8-point plan to advance racial equity?
- - Walk us through the specifics of the new NCAA Leadership Collective.
- - Tell us about your book, 40 Days of Direction: Life Lessons from the Talented Ten.
- - How has the NCAA been involved with the Russell Rule?
- - In your conversations with President Emmert prior to taking the job, what is the importance of diversity, equity and inclusion, to the NCAA and to him as a leader for the association?
- - What are your short-term and long-term goals for your position?