Avoiding Burnout: USF’s Armstead & Towson’s Turley Brandenburg
Guest Marquita Armstead, South Florida; Tricia Turley Brandenburg, Towson
12:00 min watch
South Florida Senior Associate Director of Athletics/SWA/Chief of Diversity and Inclusion Marquita Armstead and Towson Deputy Director of Athletics/SWA Tricia Turley Brandenburg discuss staff retention, drivers of influence in changing jobs, work-life balance and more.
The conversation is indexed below for efficient viewing (click the time stamp to jump to a specific question/topic).
- - What do you think is the formula to make people feel wanted and ensure they will be with your programs for as long as possible?
- - Is money the biggest driver of influence in terms of somebody taking a position at an institution or is there something else?
- - In your experiences, what have leaders done to make employees feel more valued?
- - Has college athletics evolved to be an industry where you can have work-life balance if someone wanted to start a family?
- - Is there value in attending conferences such as NACDA, Women Leaders, etc. and spending time away from family?